Thursday, March 1

Jeremy Clarkson

I know. I shouldn't do this. I feel I'm outing myself.

After all this blog is all about walking, the great outdoors, travelling under our own power. The freedom to wander where we will.

Clarkson doesn't fit into any of the categories we'd normally cover, a man who regards a long walk as an act of purgatory. But he does like his freedom to choose, and is vehement in expressing this very actively.

OK, so his writing and TV appearances all revolve around his life's interest - cars. It's never been amongst my topics of conversation. You get in them. They go somewhere. You get out - so what's to talk about?

Despite that his books are amongst one of the most entertaining reads I've had for quite some time. And I'm not alone as his recent releases are all Top Ten listed, and so popular older collections of his magazine articles are being also being reprinted and repromoted.

And then there's Top Gear. Surely one of the most consistantly entertaining programmes on TV at present?

Now I don't read my horoscope. I look at stars for route finding, not forecasting. My star sign is a matter of complete indifference to me.

So it was a bit of a shock earlier this evening to read in one of his articles that he was born exactly one year apart form me. To the day.

And that's my thought for the day, but I can't quite put my finger on what it means. Yet.

Labels:


All site material © John Hee - ask before you snatch