Sunday, April 29

Scenes from New Forest Ambles - One

Deer movement in amongst the woodland edge. Hemmed in by fencing they barely stir. Wary of any movement that may betray their presence. Escape route blocked. Stillness is necessary.

The dogs oblivious to their presence. I continue onwards, watching carefully with my peripheral vision as I move to a downwind position. Similarly careful in my own movements so as not to indicate that I have them in my sight.

Five minutes later, I pass near to where they had been.

With no visible means of escape from their corner enclosed by fence and path, yet somehow they have melted away into the half-light amongst the dense undergrowth of tree trunks.

Even though I know that they are there, it's as if they have never existed.

Labels:


All site material © John Hee - ask before you snatch