Saturday, April 13

Dartmoor NIGHT 2/5 Sat 30/6/23 COX TOR

COX TOR (GR 530 761) - an old & dependable wildcamping spot

It started murky and then became increasingly wet.

Dropping from my overnight spot it was an easy leg stretch for very quick return to the car and my relocation for a more leisurely wander.

Nothing like a night alone on the hills to detoxic mind and body


Off to one of my regular spots, at the strangely named (so I've later discovered) Pork Hill Car Park


Not a lot of walkers heading off today, mostly hanging around the car park clutching mugs of soup and hot drinks. 


Not a day for wandering without aim.


I must have appeared a solitary sight (if not slighty insane) as I walked off into the rain cloud for the 0.65 mile uphill drag to COX TOR.

Within five minutes I could no longer see the car park ..or the car


Welcome to a murky damp world of mystery and noiselessness, except for the occasional skylark singing high above, somewhere in the gloom.


Hunkered down in the tent for the afternoon, visibility restricted to nearby outcrops.


And for some weird reason, a mole visit.


Hmmm




Labels: ,


All site material © John Hee - ask before you snatch